Looking for a change, a new opportunity, to escape the urban sprawl, to be in control? People are always needing to have a break, to escape and explore. Don't miss out on a unique opportunity to buy an exemplary Bed and Breakfast.
Do you want to love where you live and love the work you do? This is a fabulous and scarce opportunity to acquire an idyllic lifestyle business.
What better introduction than a B&B that is welcoming, award-winning, successful and located in a beautiful part of the world?
Some of the most beautiful countryside in Britain, the prettiest Cotswold villages, a thriving medieval, market town, with an excellent sports centre, numerous activities, a driving range and golf clubs and a series of festivals and street activities are on your doorstep.
There are great schools, all the professional services you’d expect, M&S, Sainsbury's (Waitrose in nearby Marlborough) and good communication links with London, Bath, Bristol and Birmingham.
For guests, not to mention your own interests, it is essential there are attractions and places of interest to visit and this region abounds with them. Over 100 different places to visit are listed on our web site.
Within walking distance are:
• Cain Hill Locks, a “Wonder of the Waterway” and a scheduled ancient monument
• The awarding-winning Wiltshire Museum and the Kennet and Avon Canal Trust Museum
• A working Victorian (Wadworth) brewery that runs tours and tastings
• Award-winning pub with 2 AA rosettes and an Egon Ronay Star
• Award-winning ice cream parlour and cafe
• The market town of Devizes with a weekly market and monthly Farmers Market
The location is perfect for tourists and sits within the golden triangle of three UNESCO World Heritage sites:
• Neolithic Stonehenge, best known prehistoric monument in Europe
• The splendid Georgian city of Bath, known for its hot springs and Roman Baths
• Avebury stone circle one of the principal ceremonial sites of Neolithic Britain
• The great medieval, cathedral city of Salisbury with its copy of the Magna Carta
• Over a dozen National Trust/English Heritage properties
• Great walking and cycling opportunities
• Enigmatic crop circles that bring visitors from across the world
Guest come from around the UK and many other parts of the world, particularly Australia, USA, Germany, France and Holland.
We have a new, attractive and informative website, which is mobile-friendly and fully responsive, with an online booking facility that has increased direct reservations with the remainder either being repeat bookings, currently around 30%+ or Booking.com.
During the quieter months, the property benefits from the many firms and organisations on the busy industrial estates in the town.
In recent years five other guest houses have ceased trading due to retirement, reducing the competition whilst demand is likely to increase with the recent launch of the Great West Way initiative. So an unmissable opportunity!
Awards & Reputation
Since opening our first B&B 11 years ago we have won awards every year, this is not to boast but:
• reflects that you are buying a strong business with a great reputation
• one that you can build on and replicate
• it’s easier to attract guests
• results in repeat visits
Rated 4* Gold by the AA, currently
• has over 300 reviews with 5* on Trip Advisor & Certificate of Excellence 5 years in a row & membership of their Hall of Fame
• a score of 9.7 out of 10 on Booking.com
• 9.9 out of 10 with Hotels Combined
Over the past 12 months we have been awarded:
• SME News Four Star B&B of the Year Award Wiltshire 2019
• Business Excellence Awards Most Picturesque B&B Wiltshire 2019
• Luxury Travel Guide Boutique B&B of the Year 2019
• Hotels Combined Recognition of Excellence Award 2018
• Booking.com Guest Review Award 2018
• Eviivo Finalist for Bed, Breakfast & Beyond Finalist 2019
Purchase with the knowledge that you are inheriting the best possible business and that we can help you hit the ground running.
This detached property stands on a generous plot of 1 acre with landscaped gardens in a semi-rural location, outside of Devizes in Wiltshire.
In recent years the house has been extended, renovated and refurbished to an exceptional standard to provide all rooms with en-suite facilities and improve the owner's accommodation and is immaculately presented throughout and offers high-end accommodation for the benefit of the owners as well as the guests.
The house is fully double glazed, has oil central heating and a pressurized hot water tank for lashings of hot water without a drop in pressure plus many extras like outside lighting and power points.
• 4 en-suite stylishly refurbished, refurnished and redecorated good sized rooms.
• 3 good sized, south-facing balconies with table and chairs.
• Attractive guest living room and contemporary breakfast room with seating for 10.
• Delightful sunny patio, outside seating areas in large, attractive gardens.
• Wall map of local attractions and a comprehensive collection of tourist leaflets, guide books, walks and even games for those wet evenings.
• All of the guest accommodation rooms have wardrobes, bedside tables, tea & coffee making facilities, a hairdryer, a flat-screen wall-mounted TV with DVD, radio alarm clock, mini-fridge and chairs & tables for seating and free WiFi access.
• Good sized en-suite shower rooms with white suites and LED-lit cabinets.
• Parking for 6+ guest vehicles
• Lockable interconnecting door making your rooms separate and private!
• New bedroom with French doors providing a fabulous view of the garden and en-suite which incorporates both a bath and a separate shower.
• Fabulous eat-in kitchen over 31 ft (9 m) long and 15 ft (4.75m) wide.
• Large lounge, study/bedroom, Utility room
• Private parking for 4 cars
• Large garage/workshop plus double sized carport (useful drying area in poor weather).
• Stable block and concrete yard with three loose boxes with power, light and water and access onto a level paddock with field shelter.
• Vegetable patch, greenhouse, fruit garden and orchard,
• 1-acre plot, side paddock is third of an acre and is registered separately as it has an uplift agreement. Great if you have a horse, donkeys as we have, hens and ducks
A brochure with the detailed description and measurements of rooms is available.
Available after a successful viewing
We will show you all the tricks and short cuts, provide you with inside knowledge and the systems and secrets of the trade so that you hit the ground running.
No need to learn by your mistakes when you can learn from our experience!
Currently, run at a pace to suit the owners there is great potential to grow the business (eg no one night stays at present) and expand the property (STP) and so increase the profits.
You are looking at purchasing a large property in a prime position with a well-established 4 Star Gold Bed & Breakfast business benefiting from an excellent reputation and outstanding reviews.
If you dream of buying a B&B then you want it to be as stress-free as possible, to have had all the hard work done for you, to buy a complete package without having to spend thousands on furniture, furnishings and fitments or web site, to have guest already lined up without worrying about how you are going to pay your first bills, to know that it is a good investment with future potential, that you will enjoy living in the house as well as the area.
Check this property and business out and see how it ticks the boxes. After many years of "living the dream," we are now looking to retire and selling as a turnkey business so everything relating to the running of the business is included in the price.