Advertising for Smallholdings, Land, Equestrian, Off-grid houses, Self-sufficiency homes and Rural properties
4 bed detached equestrian property/smallholding in Galway
Ireland - Rural Galway. Very private and quiet lane with no near neighbours. Beautiful countryside
KEY PROPERTY FACTS
Land5.5a / 2.2ha
- This 4 bedroom detached bungalow is located in a very quiet and peaceful rural area in County Galway, Ireland. It is located in a very quiet country lane with no nearby neighbours and set back, well away from the rural lane up a long driveway.
- An oil fired Stanley oven provides both central heating, hot water and cooking facility. Also a solid fuel fire that also does the central heating and hot water.
- PVC double glazed windows.
- 14 Panel Solar System is fitted with battery storage, providing enough electricity on many days in the better months to provide for the useage, heat the water - Eddi and Harvi fitted to divert excess electricity to the hot water after the battery is fully charged. The 8.2kw battery is sufficient to supply the evening and night time electricity on those days and during several months, there is an excess of electricity produced that goes back to the grid and is being paid for under the new microgeneration scheme. A smart meter is fitted already. Currently on a smart tariff, which provides 3 rates of electricity charges with a 2 hour very cheap period in the night. The solar system has a superb App which gives one the ability to see all details of what is being produced, how it is being used etc etc. And also the ability to set the battery to charge during the winter months, at the cheap rate so that this stored electricity can then be used during the daytime when the higher rate applies. Therefore offering a further saving.
- Cavity Wall insulation and excellent lagging (checked under the government scheme) giving excellent reduction of energy useage also.
- Superb outbuildings (see below for further details and sizes) giving outstanding facilities for the horses, for hay storage, feed, tack, tools and much more!! Also a massive double garage.
- Approx 5.5 acres of grazing land completely surrounding the property on all sides!
- Feature stone walls surround the property and the driveway
- Riding Arena with mixed surface used for Advanced level dressage horses
- Fast wireless internet available
- Private Well Water with new filter system
- Septic Tank for Toilet/some waste water and rainwater/wastewater to soakaway
further details at http://www.equestrianpropertyireland.com/